Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Interview with Webster Cook on Freethought Radio

Following up on my last post about the UCF student whose actions led to PZ Myers soliciting people to obtain holy crackers so that he could personally desecrate them , is a link to an interview with the actual student, Webster Cook.

Dan Barker and Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-presidents of the Freedom From Religion Foundation interviewed Webster on July 19 on Freethought Radio. The interview lasts for about 15 minutes and doesn't begin until somewhere in the middle of the podcast. Webster goes in to great detail about the events and is careful to explain what actually occured. I highly recommend checking this out if you're at all interested in this story.

While I was exploring the FFRF website I bumped into this 50 question Bible quiz. I only got 22 of 50 questions correct. Apparently that's passing according to the FFRF. They report that the average person scores a 15. If you take the quiz post your score in the comments!

3 comments:

sidfaiwu July 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

The interview was interesting. I didn't know his motivations for taking the cracker.

I got 30 out of 50 on the quiz. I also signed up for the free issue of their magazine.

SkeptiCool July 23, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

30 out of 50...impressive! I started missing questions toward the end because I thought the Bible couldn't possibly prescribe stoning people to death for everything "bad". Yeah, it pretty much does...

sidfaiwu July 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Reading the Old Testament often gets a Dylan song stuck in my head, "Everybody Must Get Stoned". The one I missed were mostly from the Gospels.